Halloween is a party holiday full of candy and even drinking (for adults)! The official kick-off of the holiday season poses many challenges when it comes to eating right and we know just how hard it can be to resist all of the sweets that surround us during this time of the year. With a little motivation and discipline, though, you can go a long way and maintain your goals.
Keep reading to learn a few tips to follow when it comes to staying healthy on Halloween!
- Exercise: planning on taking the kids trick-or-treating? Make sure to get your workout in and avoid any holiday excuses, after all, you’ll want to make sure you burned those calories and got your sweat on before eating sweets.
- Eat a healthy meal: enjoying a healthy meal with your family means you won’t have an empty belly asking for an excessive amount of candy.
- Stay hydrated: make sure your entire family is hydrating. Not only is this a healthy habit to adopt in your daily life, but it will help curb sugar cravings.
- Be picky: try not to overindulge in candy simply because it is sitting there, pick a few pieces you truly like and avoid the rest by donating it or tossing it. Enjoying candy you actually like will help you feel satisfied rather than mindlessly eating too much of it.
- Opt for portioned snack packs: when purchasing candy for trick or treaters or the kids, choose pre-portioned 100 calorie packs, this way you’ll know you aren’t eating more calories than you think.
- Track: use an app like MyFitnessPal, write down what you’re eating, or keep candy wrappers. All of these will help you keep track of everything you’re eating rather than forgetting and eating too much.
- Swap it out: making treats for the kids at home or for school? Try swapping refined sugars and carbs for fruit or whole grains. Nowadays, finding a great recipe on the internet that calls for whole ingredients is easier than ever.
- Indulge: Halloween only comes around once a year and one night of overeating will not detriment your diet or physique. As long as you set a deadline and don’t over do it, there is no need to feel guilty for enjoying some candy!
Being healthy is as much a mental exercise as it is a physical one. Following some of these tips will help when it comes to discipline and may even help you become a more mindful consumer when it comes to food choices around Halloween and the holidays!
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!