Ginger is a flowering plant that originated in Southeast Asia. It belongs to the Zingiberaceae family, and it’s closely related to turmeric, cardamom, and galangal. Ginger is often called ginger root.
Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice. It’s a very common ingredient in recipes. It’s sometimes added to processed foods and cosmetics.
Here are some health benefits of ginger:
- Ginger contains gingerol, which has powerful medicinal properties. It’s been used to aid digestion, reduce nausea, and help fight the flu and common cold, to name a few of its purposes. Gingerol has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects. (1)
- Ginger can help with osteoarthritis. Osteoarthritis is a common health problem. It involves degeneration of the joints in the body, leading to symptoms such as joint pain and stiffness. (2)
- Ginger has been shown to significantly lower blood sugar levels and improve heart disease risk factors. In a 2015 study of 41 participants with type 2 diabetes, 2 grams of ginger powder per day lowered fasting blood sugar by 12%. (3)
- Ginger may significantly reduce menstrual pain. One of the traditional uses of ginger is for pain relief, including menstrual pain. (4)
- Ginger can help fight infections. Gingerol can help lower the risk of infections. Ginger extract can inhibit the growth of many different types of bacteria. Fresh ginger may also be effective against the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), a common cause of respiratory infections. (5)
- Ginger may benefit immune health. Due to its strong anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects, ginger may boost immune health. Upping your intake of antioxidant-rich foods and beverages like ginger shots may combat inflammation and keep your immune system healthy. (6)
- Ginger is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!
1 – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25230520/
2 – https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S106345841401276X
3 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4277626/
4 – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/19216660/
5 – https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3609356/
6 – https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30011890/