Many people do a great job of getting a gym routine that will help them establish goals and ease the process of losing weight. What many people may not be aware of, though, is the fact that what they eat plays a huge role in their weight loss success. Although staying active can benefit our bodies in a number of ways, what we consume is just as important.
Meal prepping and eating healthy meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner can be simple. With thousands of tips and recipes readily available on the internet, it’s not very hard to find a diet that meets your goals. In order to succeed, though, you also need to keep track of your snacking habits and what you are actually snacking on. Believe or not, snacking calories can quickly add up and ruin all the hard work and hours you’re putting into meal prepping and the gym.
If you are one of those people who has a hard time controlling snacking or doesn’t know which snacks are the best, below is a list of nutritionist-approved snack combinations that will help you meet your health goals and keep you on track for a healthy lifestyle!
- Nuts and Seeds: Mixed nuts are probably one of the healthiest snack options, as long as they are raw or lightly roasted and don’t have a ton of sodium added for flavoring. The healthy fats can help you stay fuller longer and the nutrients are highly beneficial for overall health! A perfect pairing for nuts are seeds, such as pumpkin seeds, which are very high in protein!
- Berries and Greek Yogurt: Berries have a high antioxidant and low sugar content, making them the perfect sweet snack. For an added protein boost, try adding berries to your greek yogurt.
- Green Smoothie: Green smoothies are versatile (and don’t have to taste like vegetables). The trick is to add a strong fruit base, such as pineapple, in order to give it the right amount of sweetness. Additionally, it’s a great way to get in green vegetables that will help your gut, skin, and even give you quick energy.
- Veggies and Hummus: This combination is a favorite amongst all ages. Try adding 2-3 veggies to have a variety and make sure that you pick a hummus with no artificial ingredients.
- Dark Chocolate and Nut Butter: Take it as a treat and don’t over do it, but dark chocolate is an excellent source of antioxidants and can even benefit your mood and heart health. Mixed with nut butter, you’ll be getting loads of nutrients and healthy fats.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and need chiropractic treatment, call us at 1-800-411-PAIN or click HERE to find a clinic location near you.
We here at Path Medical are ready to serve you and guide you down the PATH to wellness.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!