Fiber is any type of carbohydrate that your body can’t digest. The fact your body doesn’t use fiber for fuel doesn’t make it less valuable to your overall health.
High fiber foods like fruits and vegetables tend to be lower in calories. Also, fiber’s presence can slow digestion in the stomach to help you feel fuller for longer (1).
It can take your body longer to break down high fiber foods. This helps you maintain more consistent blood sugar levels, which is especially helpful for those with diabetes (2).
Fiber offers many health benefits, but it’s important to incorporate fiber-containing foods gradually over the course of a few days to avoid adverse effects, such as bloating and gas.
Drinking plenty of water while you up your fiber intake may also help keep these symptoms at bay.
Here are high fiber foods that are both healthy and satisfying.
1. Pears – The pear is one of the best fruit sources of fiber. (3)
2. Strawberries – Strawberries are among the most nutrient-dense fruits you can eat, boasting loads of vitamin C, manganese, and various powerful antioxidants. Try some in a banana-strawberry smoothie. (4)
3. Avocado – The avocado is a unique fruit. Instead of being high in carbs, it’s loaded with healthy fats. Avocados are very high in vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, vitamin E, and various B vitamins. They also have numerous health benefits. (5)
4. Bananas – Bananas are a good source of many nutrients, including vitamin C, vitamin B6, and potassium. A green or unripe banana also contains a significant amount of resistant starch, a type of indigestible carbohydrate that functions like fiber. Try them in a nut butter sandwich for a hit of protein, too. (6)
5. Carrots – The carrot is high in vitamin K, vitamin B6, magnesium, and beta carotene, an antioxidant that gets turned into vitamin A in your body.(7)
6. Beets – The beet is a root vegetable that’s high in various important nutrients, such as folate, iron, copper, manganese, and potassium. Beets are also loaded with inorganic nitrates, which are nutrients shown to have various benefits related to blood pressure regulation and exercise performance. (8)
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!