Today’s busy work life makes it easier to sit for long hours and more difficult to get up and get moving. On average, adults are not getting the adequate amount of exercise they should be in order to maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle. We rounded up a few tips and small habit changes that you can start implementing today in order to burn extra calories throughout the course of your day. Before you know it, you’ll be burning more calories than you thought. Paired with a balanced diet and a consistent exercise regimen, reaching or maintaining your ideal weight will be easier than you expected!
- 5 more minutes: Whether you’re running outside, swimming, or spinning, try to keep going an extra five minutes at the end of your workout and push yourself during that time.
- Jump: Incorporate jump roping into your workout to keep your heart rate up in between sets for a calorie-burning boost.
- Speed up it up: Increase your speed and intensity during commercial breaks or during a song’s chorus to burn extra calories.
- Sit on the floor: Sitting on the floor as opposed to lying on the couch while watching tv will help your body use your core muscles and it will take more work to get up.
- Don’t multitask: Whether it’s carrying laundry back and forth or bringing in the groceries, try doing a little bit at a time. The extra trips means extra energy your body is using to burn calories.
- Use the stairs: This one is a no-brainer, using the stairs instead of the elevator will increase your heart rate and get your muscles moving.
- Bike or walk whenever possible: Changing up your commute and biking or walking is a great way to get extra exercise during the day, plus you’ll be getting where you need to go anyway, so it’s a win-win situation!
- Park far away: Park further from the entrance in order to get more steps in.
- Listen to your fitness tracker: Wearing a fitness tracker is a great way to remind you to get up and move or to track your movement, but they key is to listen to it and actually get those levels up to benefit your health!
- Play with your dog: Playing with your dog every day is great for your mental and physical health (and theirs too)! Making this a daily routine will mean both of you will be staying healthy.
- Go grocery shopping and cook dinner: The act of purchasing groceries and cooking are both physical activities that will help you burn extra calories.
- Take walking breaks at work: Remember to get up every hour or two during the work day to get some steps in as most of us spend hours sitting at work without realizing it.
- Go outside: Do outside activities on the weekends such as taking your dog or kids to the park or having a picnic.
- Wash your car: If your car is dirty try washing it yourself rather than taking it to a drive-through car wash.
- Sing in the shower or during your commute: Singing increases your heart rate and can help you burn extra calories during your commute or shower.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and need chiropractic treatment, call us at 1-800-411-PAIN or click HERE to find a clinic location near you.
We here at Path Medical are ready to serve you and guide you down the PATH to wellness.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!