A new year offers a new beginning and an opportunity to set good intentions for the months to come, but often by the end of January, many have forgotten those goals they set for themselves. This could be because they try to achieve unrealistic goals, or don’t actually start the process to manifest the change they wanted to implement in their lives.
Setting a huge goal is not always the best method as we often overlook the small steps it takes to actually get there. There are a number of small changes we can implement in our daily routines that will lead to a happier and healthier lifestyle in the long run with less stress along the way.
The following are some new year’s resolution ideas that you can use as a guide for a happier and healthier 2021:
- Form a morning routine to kickstart your day in a healthy way
- Make it a habit to stretch, meditate, or read every morning before checking your electronics
- Hydrate more often, particularly first thing in the morning
- Incorporate more steps into your day, whether that means walking for 30 minutes a day, taking the stairs, or taking short breaks throughout your day
- Meal prep once a week or make time to prepare a few homemade meals throughout the week
- Clean out your pantry and toss out junk food and unhealthy snacks
- Prepare healthy snacks to take with you to work to help curb cravings and give your body nutritious energy
- On that note, practice mindful eating by focusing on your food rather than electronics or other distractions during meal times
- Try a new workout for a month, whether it’s yoga, running, swimming, and incorporate a buddy to participate with you and hold you accountable
- Practice self-care as often as possible by scheduling time to exercise, nap, get a massage, or have an at-home spa day
- Volunteer a few hours every month, which has proven mental health benefits
- Practice daily gratitude by writing down thoughts in a journal or thinking about what you are grateful for upon waking up and before bed
- Make an effort to maintain a healthy relationship with friends and loved ones and see them often
- Keep up with your regular doctor’s visits and checkups
- Exercise your creative health by practicing an activity you enjoy or trying something new and enjoy the mental benefits it brings
- Establish a sleeping schedule, go to sleep and wake up at the same time every day and sleep in the dark in order to regulate your circadian rhythm
- Form a night time routine and practice sleep hygiene, including cutting down on electronic use and stressful or strenuous activities before bed
- Turn your bedroom into a relaxing oasis where you can unwind and decompress after a day of work.
Little by little, making small changes will form long-term habits with lasting impact. It doesn’t matter whether you’re implementing multiple changes or just one, as long as you are taking a step toward bettering your wellbeing for a happier and healthier you!
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!