October is National Chiropractic Health Month, to help raise awareness of the benefits of chiropractic care and its natural, patient-centered and drug-free approach to health and wellness. During this month, we strive to educate consumers about the benefits of chiropractic services to help them reach optimal levels of health and wellness.
During National Chiropractic Health Month, chiropractors nationwide are encouraging the public to take better steps to help improve musculoskeletal health especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. Musculoskeletal health is comprised of the spine, all the muscles, bones and joints of the body.
When all those groups work together, we feel stronger and healthier. One in two adults report experiencing a musculoskeletal health condition like back pain, neck pain, joint pain, and even arthritis1. Lower back pain is one of the leading causes of disability worldwide.
During the month of October, you can help improve your musculoskeletal health by applying some of these tips:
1. Stay active. Bones, muscles and joints need to move regularly to stay healthy. The US surgeon general recommends adults get at least 150 minutes weekly of moderate physical activity.
2. Eat smart. Proper nutrition is important to musculoskeletal health. Be sure to get enough calcium for your bones by eating things like yogurt, cheese, sardines or dark leafy greens.
3. Go outside. The sun helps our bodies produce Vitamin D, which helps strengthen bones using the calcium in your diet.
4. Stay hydrated. Drinking water increases circulation and helps carry away waste products from the cells.
5. Quit smoking if you smoke. Smoking contributes to bone fracture as we age.
6. Get quality rest. A good night’s sleep helps your body repair muscles and joints.
7. Don’t drink a lot of alcohol. Drinking excessive alcohol can lead to osteoporosis and bone fracture.
We can also reduce the risk of pain and injury to our musculoskeletal health by improving our posture and movement techniques.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!