So many people are working from home now due to the pandemic and at the same time we are developing musculoskeletal pain.
Postural imbalance is one of the most common reasons patients seek help from chiropractors.
There are different things we can do to help reduce the stress on the body and improve our posture while working from home.
Here are some work from home suggestions:
- Take Breaks & Change Your Posture – After 15 minutes of sitting or standing in your home work area, check yourself and see how your body is positioned. Remember to take several exercise breaks throughout the day.
- Use a telephone headset if applicable or a bluetooth headset device – You can avoid neck pain by not having to crunch your neck when using the phone.
- Sit in a good chair – Avoid the slouch while sitting in the chair. Make sure to put both feet on the floor with a right angle at your knees. Aligning your posture lets your bones do the work, not your muscles. This prevents muscle spasm, pain and inflammation. It can even prevent nerve pain and headaches.
- Eye Level – Keep the screen at eye level avoiding wasted movement, including constantly moving your head up and down. Avoid forward head position. Keep your head erect, in line with your torso. For every inch your head is forward it increases the weight on your upper back and neck by 10.
- Relax your body – Shoulders should be dropped and relaxed, with elbows hanging down, centered at the seam line of your shirt. Take breads to stretch. Stretching can help you loosen any muscles that may be tense. This helps you reset your posture, as well.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and need chiropractic treatment, call us at 1-800-411-PAIN or click HERE to find a clinic location near you.
We here at Path Medical are ready to serve you and guide you down the PATH to wellness.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!