Sitting for long periods of time can kill you. Unfortunately for many, this also includes people who exercise regularly.
According to health experts, there is a direct relationship between time spent sitting and risk of early mortality of any cause. In other words, as your total sitting time increases so does your risk of an early death. Sitting for long hours weakens muscles, creates poor circulation, limits the fresh blood and oxygen going to the brain, and overall increases the risk of developing heart disease.
With many sedentary jobs requiring computer time, phone time, and other activities that glue us to our desks, it’s no surprise that many of us spend almost nine hours a day sitting.
So, what can be done to lessen our risk of early mortality?
- Invest in a standing desk or a specialized treadmill-ready vertical desk.
- Invest in a wearable device, set a timer on your phone, or install an app that alerts you every 30 minutes to walk around the office for a few minutes.
- Stand up when talking on the phone and whenever possible, walk around the office
- Have standing or walking meetings
- Walk across the hall to talk to a co-worker instead of sending an email or talking on the phone
- Organize the layout of your office space in such a way that you have to stand up to reach for often used files, the telephone, or your printer, rather than having everything within easy reach.
Our bodies are designed to move and one hour of exercise is not enough. Making small changes here and there can very well be the difference our health needs.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!