The following Path Medical Tampa locations are closed through Saturday, 10/1:
New Port Richey
Several counties are hosting sandbag fill up locations ahead of Hurricane Ian.
Click here to see Shelter locations in Tampa.
The following locations will be open from 7 a.m.-2 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 27, with intermittent closures due to weather conditions:
– Edward Medard Conservation Park, 6140 Turkey Creek Rd., Plant City, FL 33567
– E.G. Simmons Conservation Park, 2401 19th Ave. NW, Ruskin, FL 33570
– Ed Radice Sports Complex, 14720 Ed Radice Dr., Tampa, FL 33626
Hillsborough County residents are eligible for a maximum of 10 sandbags per family. Residents must show ID verifying they live in the county, and a driver’s license or utility bill will serve as proper identification. Residents should expect long lines at sandbag locations.
City of Tampa
The sites below will be open daily from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM until Tuesday.
– Himes Avenue Complex – 4501 S. Himes Avenue, Tampa, FL 33611
– Al Barnes Park – 2902 N. 32nd Street, Tampa, FL 33605
– MacFarlane Park – 1700 N MacDill Avenue, Tampa, FL 33607
The City of Tampa will have bags, sand and shovels available. There will also be volunteers available to help those who cannot fill their own sandbags.
Tampa residents interested in receiving sandbags must show identification verifying residence within the city limits. A valid driver’s license, utility bill or electric bill will serve as appropriate identification. There is a ten bag limit.
A limited supply of sand and sandbags will be available at the following locations. This self-serve sandbag site. Please bring your own shovel.
– Linda Pedersen Park – 6300 Shoal Line Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34609
– Anderson Snow Park – 1360 Anderson Snow Rd., Spring Hill, FL 34609
Free sand and sandbags are available to Pasco County residents at the following locations during certain weather events:
– Pasco County Public Works (C-Barn): 30908 Warder Road, San Antonio
– Magnolia Valley Golf Course: 7223 Massachusetts Avenue, New Port Richey
Remember to bring your shovel! Pasco sandbag locations are self-service.
Please monitor your local news or radio for information and instructions on evacuation routes and shelter locations if needed. The Pasco County website will also remain updated at all times.
Sandbags are available to Pinellas County residents at the following locations:
– Lake Maggiore, 3601 Dr. MLK Jr. St. S 2.
– Northeast Park, 875 62nd Avenue NE 3.
– Northwest Pool, 2331 60th Street N.
Residents should provide proof of St. Petersburg residency and will be limited to 10 sandbags.
– City of Dunedin at the Highlander Pool parking lot, 903 Michigan Blvd.
The sandbag site is opened to City of Dunedin residents and business owners with proof of residency: driver’s license or recent utility bill. There is a limit of 15 bags per resident or business owner. Sand, sandbags and shovels are available at the site. Assistance will be provided for those with special needs. This self-serve sandbag site will remain open until weather conditions begin to deteriorate. Please call the Public Services Division at 727-298-3232 or 727-298-3233 for further information.
Joe DiMaggio Sports Complex – 2450 Drew St.
This will be a self-service location, so please bring your own shovel. Do not overfill bags. Fill sand bags 1/2 to 2/3 full and tie at the top so bags will lay flat when put in place. Overfilled bags and bags tied too low leave gaps in a sandbag stack. The city’s storm water team wants to remind residents that sandbags do not protect people and property from storm surge.
Mulberry – 900 NE 5th St., Mulberry, (863) 519-4734
Lakeland – 8970 N. Campbell Road, Lakeland (863) 815-6701
Fort Meade – 1061 NE 9th St., Fort Meade (863) 285-6588
Frostproof – 350 County Road 630A, Frostproof (863) 635-7879
Auburndale – 1701 Holt Road, Auburndale (863) 965-5524
Dundee – 805 Dr. Martin Luther King St. SW, Dundee, (863) 421-3367
Poinciana Park – corner of Lake Hatchineha Road and Marigold Ave.
A maximum of 10 sandbags will be provided to each household to help prevent water intrusion into the home.
Sarasota County sandbag operations will take place at:
– Ed Smith Stadium, 2700 12th Street, Sarasota.
– Twin Lakes Park, 6700 Clark Road, Sarasota.
– South County Fleet, 4571 SR 776/Englewood Road, Venice.
Shovels and bags will be available on site, limit 10 sandbags per vehicle. Be aware that changes in weather pattern could impact sandbag operation times.
As Florida prepares for Hurricane Ian, counties across the Tampa Bay area have started to open shelters for those in mandatory evacuation zones.
All residents should check their local county’s website to ensure they have all information for shelters. Find your county below.
Citrus – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 6 p.m.
– Forest Ridge Elementary School: 2927 North Forest Ridge Blvd., Hernando, FL 34442
– Lecanto Primary: 3790 W Educational Path, Lecanto, FL 34461
– Central Ridge Elementary School: 185 West Citrus Springs Blvd., Citrus Springs, FL 34434
– Citrus High School: 600 West Highland Blvd., Inverness, FL 34452
Hardee – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 6 p.m.
– Hardee Junior K-8: 2401 US Highway 17N, Wauchula, FL 33873
– South Florida State College, Hardee Campus (Special Needs – Registration required) 2868 US Hwy 17N, Bowling Green, FL 33834
Hernando – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 9 a.m.
– Challenger K-8: 13400 Elgin Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34609
– The Mining Association Enrichment Center: 800 John Gary Grubbs Blvd., Brooksville, FL 34601
– Explorer K-8: 10252 Northcliffe Blvd., Spring Hill, FL 34608
Hillsborough – Open Monday, September 26 at 2 p.m.:
– Burnett Middle: 1010 N Kingsway Rd., Seffner (Pet friendly)
– Durant High School: 4748 Cougar Path, Plant City
– Lockhart Elementary: 3719 N 17TH St., Tampa
– Middleton High School: 4801 N 22nd St., Tampa
– Newsome High School: 16550 Fishhawk Blvd., Lithia
– Pizzo Elementary: 11701 Bull Run, Tampa
– Reddick Elementary: 325 West Lake Dr., Wimauma
– Sickles High School: 7950 Gunn Highway, Tampa
– Steinbrenner High School: 5575 W. Lutz Lake Fern Rd., Lutz
– Cannella Elementary: 10707 Nixon Rd., Tampa
– Valrico Elementary: 609 S Miller Rd., Valrico
– Benito Middle: 10101 Cross Creek Blvd., Tampa
– Boyette Springs Elementary: 10141 Sedgebrook Dr., Riverview
– Sessums Elementary: 11525 Ramble Creek Dr., Tampa
– Cypress Creek Elementary: 4040 19TH Ave. NE, Ruskin
– Hammond Elementary: 8008 N Mobley Rd., Odessa
– Jennings Middle: 9325 Govenors Rd., Seffner
– Marshall Middle: 18 S Maryland Ave., Plant City
– Mulrennan Middle: 4215 Durant Rd., Tampa
– Nelson Elementary: 5413 Durant Rd., Tampa
– Shields Middle: 15732 Beth Shields Way, Ruskin
– Turner Elementary: 9020 Imperial Oaks Blvd., Tampa
– Wharton High School: 20150 Bruce B Downs Blvd., Tampa
– Bartels Middle: 9190 Imperial Oaks Blvd., Tampa
– Barrington Middle: 5925 Village Center Dr., Lithia
– Brandon High School: 1101 Victoria St., Brandon
– Cimino Elementary: 4329 Culbreath Rd., Valrico
– Knights Elementary: 4815 N Keene Rd., Plant City
– Martinez Middle: 5601 W Lutz Lake Fern Rd., Lutz
– McKitrick Elementary:5503 Lutz Lake Fern Rd., Lutz
– Pride Elementary: 10310 Lions Den Dr., Tampa
– Smith, SGT Paul Middle: 14303 Citrus Pointe Dr., Tampa
– Summerfield Elementary: 11990 Big Bend Rd., Riverview
– Tomlin Middle: 501 N Woodrow Wilson, Plant City
– Turkey Creek Middle: 5005 Turkey Creek Rd., Plant City
– Dorothy York Elementary: 5995 Covington Garden Drive, Apollo Beach
– Bevis Elementary: 5720 Osprey Ridge Dr., Lithia
– Erwin Technical: 2010 E. Hillsborough Ave., Tampa
– Sumner Elementary: 10650 Co. Rd. 672, Riverview
– Strawberry Crest High School: 4591 Gallagher Rd., Dover
– Riverview High School: 11311 Boyette Rd., Riverview
– Bowers-Whitley Career Center: 13609 N. 22nd St., Tampa
– Wilson Elementary: 702 English St., Plant City
Manatee – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 8 a.m.
– Braden River High School: 6120 26th Street West, Bradenton (Pet friendly)
– Harvey Elementary School: 8610 115th Ave. East, Parrish
– Manatee High School: 902 33rd Street Court West, Bradenton (Pet friendly)
– Myakka Elementary School: 37205 Manatee Ave., Myakka City
– Mills Elementary School: 7200 69th Street East, Palmetto
– (Pet friendly)
– Bayshore Elementary School: 6120 26th Street West, Bradenton
– Miller Elementary School: 601 43rd Street West, Bradenton
– Freedom Elementary School: 9515 State Road 64 East, Bradenton
– McNeal Elementary School: 6325 Lorraine Road, Bradenton
– Gullett Elementary School: 12125 44th Ave. East, Bradenton
– Rogers Garden Elementary School: 515 13th Ave West, Bradenton
– Lee Middle School: 4000 53rd Avenue West, Bradenton
– Williams Elementary School: 3404 Fort Hamer Road, Parrish
– Willis Elementary School: 14705 The Masters Avenue, Bradenton
Pasco – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 10 a.m.
– Centennial Middle School: 38505 Centennial Road, Dade City
– Cypress Creek High School: 8701 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel
– Cypress Creek Middle School:8845 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel
– Fivay High School: 12115 Chicago Avenue, Hudson (Pet friendly)
– Wesley Chapel High School: 30651 Wells Avenue, Wesley Chapel
– Wiregrass Ranch High School: 2909 Mansfield Boulevard, Wesley Chapel (Pet friendly)(Special needs)
– River Ridge Middle and High Schools: 11646 Town Center Road, New Port Richey (Pet friendly)
– Thomas E. Weightman Middle School:30649 Wells Road, #3903, Wesley Chapel
– Sunlake High School: 3023 Sunlake Boulevard, Land O’ Lakes (Pet friendly)
– Pasco Middle School: 13925 14th Street, Dade City
– Fasano Regional Hurricane Center: 11611 Denton Avenue, Hudson (Pet friendly)(Special needs)
Pinellas – Open Monday, September 26 at 6 p.m.
– Ross Norton Recreation Center: 1426 S, MLK Jr. Ave. Clearwater
– Lealman Exchange: 5175 45th St. N., St. Petersburg (Special needs)
– Largo High School: 410 Missouri Ave. N., Largo (Pet friendly)
– Bauder Elementary: 12755 86th Ave N, Seminole
– Belleair Elementary: 1156 Lakeview Rd, Clearwater
– Campbell Park Elementary: 1051 7th Ave S, St. Petersburg
– Carwise Middle: 3301 Bently Dr, Palm Harbor
– Clearwater Fundamental: 1660 Palmetto St, Clearwater
– Douglas L. Jamerson Elementary: 1200 37th St S, St. Petersburg
– Dunedin Community Center: 1920 Pinehurst Rd, Dunedin
– Dunedin Elementary: 900 Union St, Dunedin
– Dunedin Highland Middle: 70 Patricia Ave, Dunedin
– Fairmount Park Elementary: 575 41st St S, St. Petersburg
– Gibbs High: 850 34th St S, St. Petersburg (Pet friendly)
– James B. Sanderlin IB World School: 2350 22nd Ave S, St. Petersburg
– John Hopkins Middle: 701 16th St S, St. Petersburg
– John M. Sexton Elementary: 1997 54th Ave N, St. Petersburg
– Lealman Innovation Academy: 4900 28th St N, Lealman
– McMullen-Booth Elementary: 3025 Union St, Clearwater
– Melrose Elementary: 1752 13th Ave S, St. Petersburg
– Mildred Helms Elementary: 561 Clearwater Largo Rd S, Largo
– New Heights Elementary: 3901 37th St N, St. Petersburg
– Palm Harbor Middle: 1800 Tampa Rd, Palm Harbor
– Palm Harbor University High: 1900 Omaha St, Palm Harbor
– Ross Norton Recreation Center: 1426 S Martin Luther King Jr Ave, Clearwater
– Skycrest Elementary: 10 N Corona Ave, Clearwater
– SPC Midtown: 1300 22nd Street S, St. Petersburg
Polk – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 12:00 p. m.:
– Horizons Elementary School: 1700 Forest Lake Dr, Davenport
– Sleepy Hill Elementary School: 2285 Sleepy Hill Rd, Lakeland
– R. Bruce Wagner Elementary School: 5500 Yates Rd, Lakeland
– Chain Of Lakes Elementary School: 7001 Hwy 653, Winter Haven
– Mulberry Middle School: 500 SE Martin Luther King Jr Ave, Mulberry
– Spessard Holland Elementary: 2342 E.F. Griffin Rd, Bartow
– Auburndale High School: 1 Bloodhound Trail, Auburndale
– Citrus Ridge Academy: 1775 Sand Mine Rd, Davenport
– George Jenkins High School: 6000 Lakeland Highlands Rd, Lakeland
– Highlands Grove Elementary: 4510 Lakeland Highlands Rd, Lakeland
– Kathleen High School: 1100 Red Devil Way, Lakeland
– Lake Marion Creek Middle School: 3055 Lake Marion Creek Dr, Poinciana
– Winter Haven High School: 600 6th St SE, Winter Haven
– Tenoroc High School: 4905 Saddle Creek Rd., Lakeland
– Lake Region High School: 1995 Thunder Road, Eagle Lake
– Haines City High School: 2800 Hornet Drive, Haines City
Sarasota – Open Tuesday, September 27 at 12 p.m.
– Atwater Elementary School: 4701 Huntsville Ave, North Port, FL
– Booker High School: 3201 N Orange Ave, Sarasota, FL 34234
– Brookside Middle School: 3636 S Shade Ave, Sarasota, FL 34239
– Fruitville Elementary School: 601 Honore Ave, Sarasota, FL 34232
– Gulf Gate Elementary School: 6500 S Lockwood Ridge Rd, Sarasota, FL 34231 (Pet friendly)
– Heron Creek Middle School: 6501 W Price Blvd, North Port, FL 34291
– North Port High School: 6400 W Price Blvd, North Port, FL 34291
– Phillippi Shores Elementary School: 4747 S Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL 34231 (Pet friendly)
– Riverview High School: 1 Ram Way, Sarasota, FL 34231
– Southside Elementary School: 1901 Webber St, Sarasota, FL 34239
– Taylor Ranch Elementary School: 2500 Taylor Ranch Trail, Venice, FL 34293 (Pet friendly)
– Woodland Middle School: 2700 Panacea Blvd, North Port, FL 34289 (Pet friendly)