Intermittent fasting has been around for a while.
The diet consists of restricting the time period in which you eat food. In other words, you go through alternating cycles of fasting and eating. Unlike most other diets, it’s about limiting when you eat rather than what you eat.
If you adopt this eating pattern, you might experience benefits like:
- Weight loss
- Improved metabolic health
- Protection from disease
- A longer life span
Intermittent fasting can be tough, especially in the beginning.
If you’re trying intermittent fasting, here are some tips to help manage your new eating schedule.
- Start with a modified schedule. Start with a schedule that’s realistic for you and then add onto the intensity and duration. No need to dive straight in! Build your tolerance to eating in a smaller time window each day, and do the full schedule when you’re ready.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink plenty of liquids. This can include water, herbal teas, and calorie-free flavored drinks.
- During the eating period, eat slowly and frequently. Aim to eat every 3 hours within the 8-hour window so that you can get your calories in. Remember that intermittent fasting can become dangerous if you don’t get your recommended daily calorie intake.
- Plan healthy, nutritious meals ahead of time. While you may be tempted to treat yourself to your favorite snacks and comfort foods as soon as your fasting period is finished, try to stick to a healthy diet with proteins, fruits, and vegetables.
- Prep your meals in advance. If your schedule is incredibly busy, set aside time on the weekend or a few nights a week to prepare some meals in advance. This will save you time and help you keep your diet balanced.
- Add 2 to 3 tbsp. of healthy fat to your evening meal. Adding a healthy fat like olive oil, coconut butter, or avocado in the last meal of the day can help keep blood sugar levels steady overnight.
In general, health professionals recommend you stick to healthy, whole foods. Still, it’s important that you ensure you get enough calories every day to fuel your body.
Use these tips to make your intermittent fasting journey into scheduled eating a little more manageable.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!