No matter your age, taking a daily multivitamin is largely recommended by professionals. Vitamins and supplements are intended to complement your diet in order to make up for minor deficiencies that you may have. Long term deficiencies of certain vitamins and minerals can lead to chronic disease, therefore, it’s important to stay on track with your health and make smart choices.
Depending on a number of factors such as our age, diet, and even fluctuating hormone levels, we may need different vitamins in order to feel our best. If you find yourself confused about a large number of options in the vitamin section at the grocery store or are unsure as to what you should really be taking, keep reading find out through our vitamin guide!
- Children and teens: Vitamin D and Calcium are essential during these years in order to aid bone growth and building healthy bones for life.
- 20’s: Vitamin D and Calcium are still essentials at this age, as well as vitamin B12 which is usually found in animal products.
- 30’s: B-Complex vitamins, Omega-3’s, Calcium, and Vitamin D are all important during these years, and especially for women who are at their childbearing years, folic acid and iron are also important.
- 40’s: The risk of heart and other diseases increases, so once you get to your 40’s you should focus on Vitamin D, Omega 3’s, and Calcium.
- 50’s and 60’s: In order to maintain the healthy bones you built in during younger years, it’s important to increase Calcium intake and Vitamin D in order to increase the Calcium absorption.
- 70’s and up: Just as your 50’s and 60’s, Calcium, Vitamin D, and Omega-3’s are still essential. In addition, you may need to increase your Vitamin B12 intake through supplements in addition to food choices.
Of course, all of us have different conditions and needs, so it’s important to go to your regular doctor checkups and bloodwork in order to keep track of your health. As long as you are active, eat a balanced diet, and make sure your body is getting the proper vitamins and minerals, you’re sure to live a healthy life!
If you’ve been injured in a car accident and need chiropractic treatment, call us at 1-800-411-PAIN or click HERE to find a clinic location near you.
We here at Path Medical are ready to serve you and guide you down the PATH to wellness.
Call 1-800-411-PAIN today and our lawyer referral service will find the right lawyer you need to seek the compensation you deserve! Why call one attorney when you can call hundreds of attorneys with one simple call to us. 411 PAIN has done the research and vetted out a network of attorneys that you can trust. We made it simple for you to find the lawyer you need. Our goal is to help you receive the appropriate compensation based on your individual circumstances. 411 PAIN wants you to get the maximum compensation you are entitled to! 1-800-411-PAIN is available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, including weekends and holidays. Whenever and wherever your accident happens, 411 PAIN is there for you!